Monday, October 23, 2006

First Hooptie, circa '89-91

I saw this van and had to stop to take a picture.

It looks exactly like my first "car". A Tradesman 100 my dad gave to me for my high school graduation gift.

I drove it up from San Diego in a 24hour marathon that consisted of no-doze, and pepsi, listening to The Police, Ghost in the Machine and Zenyatta Mondatta.



Of course, my van was nicer, and had a rectangular window right about the middle of the cab. I think the wheels were more enduro, and it was jacked up all Enumclaw style. It even had a 6 foot dune-buggy antenna off the back.

It made it through high school summer, and a year of college before I had to get rid of it. The van needed alot of work, and didn't fix up well. I finally had to sell the hooptie in 91 as it was parked at my girlfriend's house (Now my wife) for two months. My father-in-law was getting ready to sell it because he thought I had abandoned it.

Waxin' nostalgic...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours had a bean poster and keg shell in the back. Not much could beat that. I remember taking that thing up to Canada and the border patrol asking you to state your reason for our trip and you said, "TO PAAAARRRTY." I thought for sure Canada would turn us away but against all odds they let us in.
Fun times in the hooptie!
Jana

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home